Saturday, August 15, 2009

Google Blogger has a reputation for closing gay blogs without warning.  It happened to me.  My first blog, Daddy's Bad Boys, was "locked" so only I could access it.  Viewers could not view the blog.  I was told that my blog MAY have violated Google Blogger's Terms of Service.  Blogger provided a very easy appeal process:  

"If you believe your blog has been locked in error, please click the following link to request a manual review. Once you've requested a review, a Blogger employee will review your blog within two business days and take action as necessary."

Two weeks later I am still waiting for a Blogger employee to review my blog and take action as necessary.

Again, I clicked on "the following link to request a manual review" and started the process all over again.  My original request date for a review was now replaced with the new request date for a review.  Is this an endless circle?

I see three possibilities happening here:

#1.  There is a systematic effort by Google Blogger to eliminate gay blogs.
#2.  There are some rogue Google Blogger employees eliminating gay blogs.
#3.  There is an organized effort outside of Blogger to target gay blogs and file enough
complaints against the targeted blogs that Blogger has to shut them down until reviewed.

As of this moment I have no proof, yet I suspect it is a combination of #2 & #3.

I plan on posting a list of all know gay blogs on Google Blogger which have closed.

If you know of a blog which was closed, please leave a comment or send me an email and I will post it.

Jeff





No comments:

Post a Comment