Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Let's Just Rewrite History . . . Shall We?


Courtesy of Yahoo.com

I try my best to now overindulge you guys . . . (Really I do) about my one and only Queen . . . Honey B!

But damn-it, this Black G’rl . . . Umm, excuse me “Black Women” ROCKS!

We all knows she's a force to be reckon’ with, but she just keeps setting the bar higher and higher and I beam with joy as she seems to take it all in and enjoy every moment of it.

“Beyonce made history on Sunday night when she became the first woman (not just Black women, but First Women) to ever headline the Glastonbury Music Festival's main Pyramid Stage in England.

"I wanted you all to know, right now you are witnessing my dream," the 29-year-old singer told the crowd, which was estimated to be around 175,000 people. "I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for having me and my band here. I always wanted to be a rock star, and tonight we are all rock stars. I still can't believe I'm performing at Glastonbury."

Backed by an all-female band, Beyonce -- who sported a sequined gold blazer over a skimpy black leotard for the occasion -- received rave reviews for her 90-minute set, which included everything from hits such as "Crazy in Love" and "Single Ladies," to covers of Kings of Leon's "Sex on Fire" and Alanis Morissette's "You Oughta Know." While Rolling Stone described her performance as a "bold, crowd-pleasing spectacle," Billboard went as far to call it "career-defining." All the while, Jay-Z was sitting in the audience cheering on his wife with their pal Gwyneth Paltrow."


 


Side Bar ~ Undoubtedly she is a "Phenomenal Woman"

Pretty women wonder where my secret lies.

I'm not cute or built to suit a fashion model's size


But when I start to tell them,


They think I'm telling lies.


I say,


It's in the reach of my arms


The span of my hips,


The stride of my step,


The curl of my lips.


I'm a woman


Phenomenally.


Phenomenal woman,


That's me.


I walk into a room


Just as cool as you please,


And to a man,


The fellows stand or


Fall down on their knees.


Then they swarm around me,


A hive of honey bees.


I say,


It's the fire in my eyes,


And the flash of my teeth,


The swing in my waist,


And the joy in my feet.


I'm a woman


Phenomenally.


Phenomenal woman,


That's me.


Men themselves have wondered


What they see in me.


They try so much


But they can't touch


My inner mystery.


When I try to show them


They say they still can't see.


I say,


It's in the arch of my back,


The sun of my smile,


The ride of my breasts,


The grace of my style.


I'm a woman




Phenomenally.


Phenomenal woman,


That's me.





Now you understand


Just why my head's not bowed.


I don't shout or jump about


Or have to talk real loud.


When you see me passing


It ought to make you proud.


I say,


It's in the click of my heels,


The bend of my hair,


the palm of my hand,


The need of my care,


'Cause I'm a woman


Phenomenally.


Phenomenal woman,


That's me. ~  Maya Angelou







No comments:

Post a Comment