Friday, September 16, 2011

Is Blogger STILL fucking up your blog images?



Keith, from KeithKats at: http://keithkatsiv.blogspot.com  
had the following post on September 12th in response to Blogger's inability to correct the image problems which have been going on for about a month:


No, Your Eyes Don't Deceive You


And it's not a problem with your browser. I've deleted everything in this blog posted during the month of September. I realized that I could no longer guarantee the image quality--specifically, that images would not degenerate to ugly black boxes even after they'd been posted and had seemed to be all right for days afterposting. Since I have no intention of inflicting eyesores either on myself or on my readers, I've deleted everything that seemed at all vulnerable to deterioration, which means everything posted in September. (I hope the problems with Goggle and Picasa won't retroactively hurt posts made before the end of August. If they do, out those posts will go, too.)

So I'm currently re-thinking the blog. Most likely, I'll continue it somewhere else, but I don't know where yet.

Here is a man who values the look and the content of his blog so much he deleted everything he has done rather than put up with those ugly black boxes Google/Blogger is substituting for some images.  He may even change his blog host if this keeps up.  Visit his great site at http://keithkatsiv.blogspot.com  and drop Keith a note of encouragement.  
Jeff & Brent  

No comments:

Post a Comment